The Herreshoff Marine Museum (HMM) is hiring Sailing Instructors to work with youth and adults on the waterfront. Sailing Instructors at HMM primarily work with youth and adults to deliver the sailing curriculum of the Herreshoff Seamanship program. HMM utilizes a variety of keelboats in the sailing program including H-12s, Cape Dory Typhoon and Seasprite 23s. Each year, the Museum hosts a variety of school children including Elementary, Middle and High School students. As well as adult instruction during the sailing season. This position could lead to other opportunities for employment.
Minimum Qualifications and skills:
- High school or college
- US Sailing Level 1 Certification (or equivalent) preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Highly ethical behavior
- National background check required
- Previous experience teaching and instructing youth and adult sailing
- Ability to work as a team player
Compensation is competitive, based on experience. EOE
Contact Kirk Cusic at 401-396-5834 or email@example.com for more information.