OPEN EVERY DAY
We welcome masks to be worn in the gift shop and museum, though it is not required. Thank you.
10am – 5pm
One Burnside Street
Bristol, RI, 02809 USA
2019 America’s Cup Hall of Fame Induction
The Herreshoff Marine Museum / America’s Cup Hall of Fame welcomes Dyer Jones, Henry Racamier, and Bill Trenkle to the America’s Cup Hall of Fame as the inductees for the Class of 2019.
Located in the heart of Bristol. There is parking on site or on nearby street neighborhoods.
Dockage and moorings are available for our boating visitors.
Museum & Store Hours
Museum Hours: 10am-5pm
October: Wednesday to Sunday
November & December: Thursday to Sunday
Christmas Week: Special Hours, TBD
December 24 – April 29: CLOSED
April 30: Opening Day
Spring & Summer: TBD
We kindly ask that masks be worn in the gift shop and museum for unvaccinated guests. Thank you.
Directions & Parking
The Museum is located at One Burnside Street, at the corner of Hope Street (Route 114) and Burnside Street in Bristol, Rhode Island, 0.5 miles south of the center of Bristol and 1.5 miles north of the Mount Hope Bridge. The Museum is a 25-minute drive from Providence, Newport, or Fall River.
Parking available onsite or on nearby neighborhood streets. Please be kind and courteous to our neighbors when parking.
To arrange a guided tour by one of our docents, please fill out the form below or call 401-253-5000. Tours may be available during the off-season based on docent and staff availability and must be scheduled one week in advanced.
The library and archives are available by appointment only; please contact Librarian Norene Rickson or Curator Evelyn Ansel for an appointment.
- Members: Free
- $15 – Adult
- $10 – Senior (over 65)
- $10 – Military
- $10 – Students (10+)
- $10 – Teachers
- $10 – Other Museum Employees
- Children (10 and under) – No Charge
- Group (10+) 20% discount: Schedule your visit at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-253-5000.
Dockage & Moorings
Dockage (with water, electric and wifi) and moorings are available at the Museum’s beautiful waterfront facility in Bristol, RI from mid-May until mid-October. Reservations are recommended. All transient dockage and moorings are now scheduled through Dockwa.com. To reserve space, fill out the online reservation form below.
Please note: the Museum does not provide launch service.
Upon arrival, please hail us on VHF Channel 72 or call the Dockmaster at (401)408-4786. (Note that our Dockmaster is not always on duty, so please call the office at (401) 253-5000 if you don’t get an answer to your hail).
- Free Wifi (ask the dockmaster for password)
- Dinghy dock for museum visits and Museum members at VIGILANT level and higher
- Bathrooms and showers available during museum hours
Moorings (per foot)
Daily: $1, Weekly: $6, Monthly: $20, Season: $50*
25% Off-season Discount (May & October) on transient reservations. Use coupon code HMM_May_25 to apply the discount on Dockwa
Dockage (per foot, including bow sprits and swim platforms)
<75ft: Daily: $3, Weekly: $18, Monthly: $50, Season: $125*
>75ft: Daily: $4.50, Weekly: $27, Monthly: $75, Season: $185*
25% Off-season Discount (May & October) on transient reservations. Use coupon code HMM_October_25 to apply the discount on Dockwa
Touch and Go (up to 3 hours)
Free with Museum visit or $15 (subject to space)
Free transient use for mooring and dock visitors and museum visitors with proof of admission. Seasonal rental* for $350.
VIGILANT members (and higher) receive a 10% discount on transient mooring and dockage fees.
ENTERPRISE and GLORIANA members receive a 15% discount on transient mooring and dockage fees and a 10% discount on seasonal rates.
Please note your membership level when making your reservation.
*Seasonal Moorings and Dock Space are available, contact Kirk Cusic at email@example.com for more information.
Other Waterfront Policies
- The Museum property and waterfront may not be used for any commercial enterprise, including ferrying passengers, without express written permission from the Executive Director of the Museum.
- Dockage and mooring check-out time is 12:00 noon; after which an additional day’s rate is charged, unless other arrangements are approved by the Herreshoff Marine Museum / America’s Cup Hall of Fame.
- Cancellation less than 48 hours in advance will result in forfeiture of dockage or mooring fees paid in advance.
- The Herreshoff Marine Museum’s staff reserves the right to limit period of stay.
- Showers and restrooms are available for mooring and dockage guests only. They are open during Museum hours.
- If you wish to reserve dock space or a mooring for the season, please download our contract here, complete the form and mail or fax to (401) 253-6222.
- Reservations are taken on a first come, first-served basis.
- For tide charts and related information please visit Rhode Island Harbors’ website
- For group events, fleet visits and the week of July 4th please contact the Herreshoff Marine Museum at events(at)herreshoff.org for site availability and rates.