The Herreshoff Marine Museum presents
The Golden Jubilee
According to Merriam-Webster the word ‘Afterguard’ was first used in 1750, a spillikin more than a century before HMCo was founded along the shores of the Narragansett. It is defined as:
“the decision making members of a sailboat racing team usually including the helmsman, tactician and navigator”.
Borrowing the etymology we’ve decided it is a fitting term for those Herreshoff Marine Museum patrons who not only care deeply about the history and legacy of the organization but also about it’s future. the history and legacy of the organization but also about it’s future.
AFTERGUARD participant benefits include:
‣ Golden Key (and commemorative fob) unlocking an all-access pass to every Golden Jubilee Event
‣ Membership in the venerable Reliance Society
‣ Appear on the masthead of all Golden Jubilee event invitations
‣ Special VIP status: attendance at all Golden Jubilee events as an honored guest
‣ Outfitted in a limited-edition Golden Jubilee windbreaker & cap commemorating participation.