July 17, 2020
HMM is OPEN! Here’s our Covid-19 Prevention Plan
Read on for details about when and how you can visit, what we are doing to keep visitors safe, and Summer & Fall hours
10:00 am – 4:00 pm,
Thursday through Sunday
Last Updated: December 2021
We are excited to welcome you back to the Herreshoff Marine Museum! We are following all Reopening RI policies and procedural guidelines set out by the state. We have a COVID-19 Control Plan officially on file, and below are a few pointers to help you have a safe and enjoyable visit:
- • Face masks must be worn at all times on HMM’s campus
- • Visitor numbers will be limited, but we have a lot of space!
- • You may call ahead if you’d like to see if we’re having a busy day: 1(401)253-5000
- • Please maintain proper social distance (at least 6′) from all visitors outside your own party at all times
- • We encourage you to buy tickets ahead online (click here); touch-free transactions will be used whenever possible in the store
- • Hand sanitizer will be made available at the reception desk and outside the restrooms
Finding Your Way
- • Download the audio tour on your tablet or mobile device at home so you can jump right in when you arrive NB: this link only works on a mobile device or tablet
- • Visitors use separate doors for entering and exiting
- • Follow the one-way tour through the museum marked by decals on the floor
- • All stairwells are now one way
- • For folks who have trouble with stairs, the exit is on the first floor at the south end of the Hall of Boats; all other visitors will follow the signs and arrows to exit via the Aria Gallery
- • Some boat exhibits that are usually open for visitors to board may currently be closed
This updated map shows the one-way traffic route through the museum.
2 replies added
I am having trouble accessing your on-line ship’s store??
Thank you, Member
Hi Ted! Does this link help? https://shopherreshoff.org/ If not please send us an email at [email protected] with your question, or contact our store manager Tim – [email protected] – and we will try to get things sorted out for you!